You Create Reality

Friday, March 2, 2007

How Do You Define Reality?

With all the hullabaloo lately surrounding "The Secret" specifically, and The Law of Attraction in general, there appears to be a growing interest in the idea of creating one's own reality through focused thought and intention.

I think this is a fabulous leap forward in mankinds evolution, and a great opportunity for all of us already familiar with the LOA to learn, share, and grow.

With all of the interest of late, it has me thinking about "Reality" and what that word means to me, both in concept and form. The word defines itself, reality is that which is real. In the physical, this would be anything we can measure in form through our physical senses. It is all that exists in matter, outside our mind.

When the word is looked at conceptually, it becomes more difficult to define. In this light the line between what is real and what is not is less clear. Truth is the best word I can come up with to define what "Reality" is in concept. It is that which is changeless. A reality is that which can never become or change into anything else. It just is, and will never be anything other than what it is.

As you can see, the idea that "Reality" is unchangeable, kinda changes my perception of creating my own reality. I've decided that what I refer to as "Reality" is in fact "Illusion". I say this because only if what we see around us is Illusory, can it be manipulated or changed by our thoughts.

In esoteric thought there are two worlds: Reality & Illusion, the inner and outer worlds. The MIND, or Consciousness is "Reality" the manifestation is "Illusion". Now in this illusory reality we call the Universe of Form, anything would be possible, so long as there is no "Reality" which prevents it from changing.

Obviously, I'm not going to change my blog name - because, who would be searching for information on "Creating my own illusion"? For now I'll keep the title I've adopted, but my perception of reality is shifting again. I have finally reached a point where I truly believe almost everything in this realm we've deemed "Reality" is in fact just an illusion and can be changed with just a shift in thought.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At March 14, 2007 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Toni said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog fellow Law of Attraction enthusiast!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home